The name is Elaine or Ien or Pssst or Hoy ...or whatever suits you
...from the city of Davao
...26 with fine lines and wrinkles already
...short-haired, two-eyed na! (thanks to constact lenses), right-handed, flat-footed
...wants to be a Buddhist and a United Nations interpreter someday
...confused about life in general
Song for the Moment
You Are The One
Death By Architecture
Kath's Long Journey
The Lazy Blogger
Busy Mind w/ Net Access
Des is for Lourdes
Where Everyday is Sunday
The Sassy Lawyer
Lex's Hidden Curls
Some Kinda Blog
The Japan Times
Seek & Find
Monday, April 4
i'm back! yahoo!!! tiring, fun, funny, amazing... that's NATCON for me. i had so much expectations for the event, but what i got was more than what i could imagine a national convention would be. here are some of the things i learned in my first NATCON:
- it is always better to be late... sa lahat ng bagay! from flights to checking-in (the hotel), registration to seminars and fellowship nights... basta, in everything! but don't get me wrong. punctuality also has its rewards [in the form of free books and magazines...hehehe].
- travel light when going to the venue, because you will surely end up with excess baggage. good thing i only have my handbag and backpack on my way there. i went home with 7 kilos checked-in luggage... puro pamphlets, souvenirs and natcon giveaways. good thing din i did not win in the raffle. mukhang mahirap yatang i-uwi ang 29-inch TV!
- print as many business [or educational] cards as you can. i swear you'll feel more "professional" when you have something to flash around.
- getting starstruck is normal. i thought "promdi" professionals like me are the only ones who want to get our pictures taken with manosa and ken yeang. well, well, well... oo nga! hahaha i have more picture-taking boo-boos to tell later.
- be loyal to your sponsor. if boysen shoulders your accommodation [and airfare for some], do not attend davies-sponsored events... and vice versa. ha! talk about being united architects of the philippines!
- lose some weight days before the NATCON because you will gain it all back [plus more pounds!] during the convention with all the buffet breakfast and dinner.
- charge [and load] your cellphone everyday!! walang paging system para sa mga nawawalang architects sa venue!
- don't forget to bring an "emergency kit" which contains the following: safety pins [to fasten everything that seems to fall or open], sanitary napkin [para sa period na tuma-timing pa sa convention...demmit!], crackers or candy [pag 2pm na at wala pang nase-serve na lunch], and hand sanitizer [sa dami ng naka-shake hands mo, pwede ka na magka-STD! hehehe]
- pick a good roomie. you will be staying with that person for 4 days and 4 nights. she will be the first person you'll see each morning and the last person you'll say goodnight to. if you don't like the person, you probably won't enjoy the event.
there, i hope you take note of what i learned. see you in the next convention (i think it's in General Santos on October).
|Layout by Blogskins